In this tutorial, we will be learning about a new ai chatbot that is trending across the globe due to its awesome features which can be used in cybersecurity, especially in penetration testing.
Hey guys, it’s me Dheeraj Yadav, and this tutorial is about everything you should know about ChatGPT.
What is ChatGPT?
According to its developers, ChatGPT is a trained model which interacts in a conversational way. The dialogue format makes it possible for ChatGPT to answer follow-up questions, admit its mistakes, challenge incorrect premises, and reject inappropriate requests.
In simple words, it’s an advanced AI bot that just interacts with users as we humans talk. It listens to your problems and needs, a process that information to give you a solution, rejects inappropriate requests, and also apologizes for its mistakes.
(Reply from ChatGPT itself)
Let’s not go into its working and focus on its usage in cybersecurity especially in penetrating testing.
What ChatGPT can do?
Right now, it is capable of the following task -
Writing fictional stories and essays on demand and as per the situation given.
Giving advice and ideas about decoration and fashion
suggesting improvements in coding stuff ranging from data science to penetration testing
Capable of writing working programming codes in multiple languages as per the requirement.
Capable of giving honest opinions about any existing thing, product, or creature.
capable of handling and manipulating data in bulk, making numerous data wrangling, scraping, and lookup tasks obsolete.
Capable of suggesting tasks, topics, and challenges for games, shows, events, hackathons, etc.
There is a lot more it can do that is beyond our imagination. Since it’s still in the development stage, guess what it will be capable of doing in the future. You can check it out at https://chat.openai.com/auth/login
Now let’s focus on its usage in cybersecurity
- It can be used for building scripts for automation and rebuilding the existing tools and scripts for better results with more efficiency.
- It can be used as a mentor and for clearing doubts related to cybersecurity.
- It can be used for understanding how a script or code works.
- It can debug the existing non-working codes and scripts and can make a working code.
- It can identify some types of bugs in websites and also suggest tips and methodologies for performing penetration testing.
There is a lot more of its usage in cybersecurity, some of them are even beyond our imagination. Try it out if it can do what you want. I hope you will fall in love with it.
How we can make it more advanced?
Surely, it can be trained further for improvements, and a lot more features and data can be added. For sure, the Open AI team is going to make it more advanced after seeing the success, it breaks the records of tech giants like Facebook, and Netflix by gaining 1M in just 5 days, and it’s rapidly increasing now too.
Apart from official improvements, you can make more use of it by using third-party tools and websites.
- Ooogle.it extension - Use the extension to get the output of ChatGPT for every search query you enter right at the top of your Google results. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ooogleit-chatgpt-powered/camppjleccjaphfdbohjdohecfnoikec/
- ChatGPT advanced extension - This extension adds relevant web results to your prompts to ChatGPT for more accurate and up-to-date conversations. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chatgpt-advanced/lpfemeioodjbpieminkklglpmhlngfcn
- Whisper to ChatGPT -Chat with GPT with your voice in your native language!
- ChatGPT Telegram bot - This tool provides the functionality of using chatGPT from telegram and also using it for drawing.
- Awesome ChatGPT prompt - This repo includes ChatGPT prompt curation to use ChatGPT better.
Does it have any kind of limitations?
Yes, just like other tools and technologies, it also has some limitations which you can read on the official blog of OpenAI.
So, guys, that’s it. If you can suggest something that must be added, please tell me in the comments or you can dm me on any of the social media handles.