Photo by FLY: D on Unsplash
Have you ever wondered how secure your computer or website is from hackers? Penetration testing is a way to find out. It’s like a practice run for a hacker but done by security experts to test your defences. Here’s a simple rundown of what happens during a penetration test:
- Sniffing Around: The testers gather information about your systems, like what type of software you’re using.
- Check for Weaknesses: They use special tools to look for holes or vulnerabilities in your security.
- Trying to Break In: They try to enter your system using the weaknesses they found.
- Gathering Information: If they’re successful, they’ll try to get access to sensitive information like passwords.
- Reporting Back: The testers will then let you know what they found and how you can fix any problems.
Penetration testing helps you find and fix any weaknesses in your security before a real hacker does. By understanding the basic steps involved, you can be better prepared to keep your information safe.